Tuesday 15 February 2011

Introducing - Georgia 'G' Howson



Hey hey hey! So I finally get round to writing my own blog after hassle from the guys! 


I'm Georgia or 'G' as I'm more commonly known. I've been G for so long I'm actually failing to respond to 'Georgia' these days! I have been on the Preston metal scene for about 10 years now with Protocol of Poetry and Force of Habit before forming Storm Corporation in the Summer of 2009 after a bit of a hiatus.


After singing/ playing in a few acoustic bands and busking anything from Levellers to Bob Marley from about the age of 15, I was asked to join and tour Europe as the vocalist of Scum of Toytown back in 1996, a punk/ ska/ reggae act from Stevenage. It was a great start for a young muso and I've never looked back since!


I came to Preston to start Law School back in 2001 and met the then Protocol of Poetry members who, having seen me sing at parties on a few occasions asked me to come and give vox to metal a try. I wasn't convinced given that a lot of my influences at the time were northern soul, acoustic based but the punk/ ska band experience gave me the attitude and my love for Rage Against the Machine and the Beastie Boys all the conviction I needed to give it a try! Both Protocol and Force did well in the North West and through touring and gigging I met so many amazing musicians who are now pulled together as Storm Corporation's dream team :) I feel fortunate to have them all on board, lucky to be given a great 'leg up' by journalists and producers and excited about the future in store for Storm Corps...


G by Dan Twiss
I love that SC gives me the freedom to write songs that express who I am and what I believe in, while allowing me to challenge my voice with long soaring notes and soulful run downs....its an adrenalin rush...my extreme sport...love it....can't wait to see you all in 2011 ..................Luv G xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment